Suggestions, Comments and Complaints

We welcome your comments and suggestions, they help us to improve our services. Tell us what we do best, where we don’t meet expectations, or any ideas and suggestions you may have by leaving us a review by completing our feedback form. You can also rate us using the NHS Friends and Family Test.

Practice Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please complete our feedback form.

In nearly all circumstances complaints are best dealt with as soon as possible, so please do not hesitate in asking to speak to the surgery manager using our Ask the Practice a Question form.

Our aim is to give you the highest possible standards of service and we try to deal swiftly with any problems that may occur.

It is also possible to complete one of the complaints forms available at reception. We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt. If this is not possible (e.g. if staff are on annual leave) we will write to let you know.

Following an investigation, you should receive a response within two weeks. We will contact you if there is any reason that this cannot happen. If you would rather not contact the surgery directly or if your complaint is about another primary care service, you can complain to NHS England.

How to Complain

When making a complaint about an NHS service, you can choose to complain to any of the following:

The healthcare provider

This is the organisation where you received the NHS service, for example your hospital, GP surgery or dental surgery.

The commissioner

This is the organisation that pays for the service or care you received. This will vary depending on the NHS service you are complaining about. If your complaint is about primary care services such as GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services, contact NHS England.

If your complaint is about services such as hospital care, mental health services, out of hour’s services and community services such as district nursing, contact your local clinical commissioning group (CCG).

If your complaint is about public health organisations (those who provide services which prevent disease, promote health and prolong life), contact your local council.

Write to our Surgery Manager:

Surgery Manager
Warlingham Green Medical Practice
1 Church Road
Surrey CR6 9NW

NHS England Customer Contact Centre:

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33
Post: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

It is important to complain as soon as possible after the event about which you wish to complain. Under the NHS complaints procedure, complaints can usually only be investigated within 12 months of the event or 12 months of realising that there is something to complaint about.

There are certain complaints which cannot be investigated under the NHS complaints procedure. These include complaints about private treatment and events which you are already taking legal action.

If you are dissatisfied with the surgery or NHS England’s response:

We will be happy to discuss with you how issues may be resolved. A meeting can be arranged to try and resolve the matter. If you are dissatisfied with the results of your complaint, you can write to the health service ombudsman:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Tel: 0345 015 4033

Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS)

If you have a query or concern but do not wish to make a complaint, you can discuss this with your local PALS who can provide confidential advice and support.

Tel: 01737 231 958